Thursday, February 10, 2011

You're my cup of...


Hello guys!!

Can you believe the school's are on a 2 hour delay due to temperatures? OMGoodness it is fa~reezing out! I just called time and temp and it's -7 with out the wind chill factored in. Burrrrrr I plan on staying inside today.

Guess what this challenge is for? It's a DT Call challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. In order to apply you must make a project based on the photo above. What a super fun picture that is! Pink, black, and polka dots? Loooove it! Here is the card I came up with.


I knew right away that I wanted to do something with the texture on the tea pot. And these rows of lace border worked out perfectly. I added pearls to dress it up a bit. I mean this is a DT Call right? ~:0) I also knew I wanted the card to be mainly pink with just an accent of the polka dots just like the picture. So I added the sweet polka dot ribbon as my accent. And of course the theme being tea and tea pots hence the stamp I used. I cut the little cup out and popped it up. This card is the perfect tea party card don't you think?

The DT Call goes until the 13th. Please wish me luck!!

13 comments:

Maria Elena said...

Wow This is super cute ! love all details like stitch, layers punched and those colors...Perfect!

Have a great Thursday ;-)
Maria Elena.-
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

So very pretty, Kristin! Thanks for your interest in the Tea Room's DT Call ... good luck!

Kimberly said...

Good LUCK!!!! This card is so elegant and amazing!! I love the colors, wow! That stamp is just perfect. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! *hugs*

PapierGirl said...

Congratulations Kristin - I know that you will enjoy every minute being part of the DT at TSTR! Can't wait to see more of your lovely creations! :)

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

your card is GORGEOUS!! Congrats on making the Team! I look forward to "working" with you!! Your work is beautiful!

Hugs...
Melissa

Brook said...

Great card. Love the colors and the layered scallops are wonderful.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Kimberly Stewart's "Happy Day" kit.