Monday, February 7, 2011

Art is handcrafted with {heart}



The Play Date Cafe's challenge this week is based off of the picture above. Lively rich colors are what this challenge is all about. And is that flower just not the best? I had to really scrounge around my studio to come up with the colors as my style is more the pastels. This image just spoke to me... love it! So, here is what I came up with.


The stamps and gears are Tim Holtz and the flower is prima. All new items I picked up at Michaels yesterday. ~:0) Infact I saw that flower and immediately thought of this challenge. I hope I did it justice.

Thank you for spending some of your time with me.
I love my visitors!!

11 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Wonderfully pretty! I love the gears and pearls, what a clever combination of embellishments :) Lovely use of our colors and very happy to have you with us again at The Play Date Cafe!

Fiona said...

Gorgeous card Kristin! I love your combination of elements, great texture, love your flower and the way you used the colours! Thanks for playing at the PDCC this week :)

Charlotte said...

Wow! You did it more than justice. A fabulous use of the colors.

Tracey said...

A real beautiful mix of embs!!!! Beautiful card!!! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

Sue in CT said...

Wow! Oh you did it justice. I love that card. Love the gears and colors and of course that flower.

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful combination of elements! Those gears are fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! Loooooove that flower--it has so much color! I also love all the collage elements on this card--beautifully done;) Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Sarah Anderson said...

how perfect is that prima flower for this week's challenge?!!! Love all the torn edges, you did good with these bright colours - Thanks so much for joining our play date over at the cafe ;)

Libby Hickson said...

Very pretty - especially love that funky flower! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Kimberly Stewart's "Happy Day" kit.