Saturday, January 22, 2011

Esty inspired challenge

Hi Guys,
Happy Weekend!! 
I found a wonderful and new to me challenge blog. Esty Inspired is a challenge blog that uses art to inspire art!! How cool is that? They select an Etsy store and feature it on their blog. The challenge is to visit that store, select something that inspires you and create something. Then share it on their blog. How fun!!

The store this week is Nanny's Room featuring an Arizona artist who primarily uses watercolor and colored pencils to create her paintings. Just beautiful!! These paintings are also sold as jewelry. Who doesn't love some bling? And handmade at that!!

So here is the item I chose to be my inspiration.


I don't normally select flowers to be in my creations. But this was so beautiful it inspired me to not only put 1 flower... but several!!
Here is my inspiration piece.


The leaves were placed in to mimic the greenery in her painting. Pink was chosen as the color I picked out of the painting to use on my card. I love the pink in the rope/ribbon of the necklace. If you are looking for a fun challenge check out the EtsyInspired Challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishes for a great weekend.

8 comments:

Jeanne Forsyth said...

Kristin this is absolutely gorgeous! You really did an excellent liking to the Wildfllower piece~

Kerry said...

Wow...this card is beyond gorgeous! Love the glitter heart and all the flowers! Thanks so much for participating in the Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Stunning design. Love the stitching and all of the gorgeous flowers. So glad to see you playing with us this week at Etsy Inspired. :)

de said...

Gorgeous! Love all the details! I'm glad you found and liked our challenge!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the elements you've added....it's just gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing with EIC this week!!

Virginia L. said...

Oh WOW! I love how you used the colors and interpretation from he inspired piece! Hope to see more of your work! Thanks so much for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Kimberly Stewart's "Happy Day" kit.